Friday, October 10, 2008

Where's Daddy's Remote??

So Dave has been looking for his TV remote now for about 3 months. After asking Tahni several times about his remote he concluded that Tahni must have thrown it away and has been shopping online for a new one. He has commented here and there about how he has found a good deal on some fancy universal remote - only about $100.00. My reply is usually "I just can't see how spending $100.00 on a REMOTE could be a good deal. I bet we will find it around somewhere." One day I asked Tahni to find her shoes and put them on. But she could only find one of them and I told her to go look again and if she still couldn't find it I would come and help her. A few minutes later she yelled "I found it mom". I said "Oh good, now put it on" and Tahni came out of her room giggling and told me I was silly. She didn't find her shoe she found daddys remote behind her bed. I told her "GREAT!! Daddy will be so excited that you found his remote - it will be a very special surprise for him." Since Tahni just had her birthday she knew exactly what a surprise was and then insisted that we surprise daddy properly.

So we wrapped up daddy's remote to give to him when he came home for lunch.

Tahni was so excited to give daddy his special surprise! She could hardly stand it.

Tahni took very special care. She wrapped it, put on some ribbon, then she added the foam stickers and finally the personalized tag.
To: Daddy
Love: Tahni

Daddy's home! Every time Tahni hears the garage door open she runs to meet her daddy. This time she did the same, quickly told him that she had a surprise for him, and ran back in the house and waited to give it to him.

Here you go Daddy! Here's your special surprise!

Daddy was very impressed with all the detail and could tell that she had worked very hard on his special surprise!

Daddy's curiosity was peaked. Hmmm.... what could this special surprise be?

Daddy loved his surprise!! It was just what he was hoping for but he did not expect it.

"Where did you find my remote? I have looked all over for it."

Daddy was very glad to have his remote back...so was mommy.

4 comments:

Mary said...

That is a pretty funny story, we miss you guys. It made me sad to see the girls pictures playing together. Oh By the way, Dave, is your shirt like a heart being run on a circuit board or something? Gees, thats pretty funny. Where did you get it? J/k
Anyway, I am super excited that you guys got a blog and I still hope we are on for temple square this winter.

Mary said...

Oh P.s Our blog is pearshapedfam.blogspot.com

Stillman and Michelle said...

Oh yeah! Alex was so excited to see Tahni on the computor. He talks all the time about when he went over to her house to play. I really need to invite her over here.

Ashley said...

Hilarious! And awesome that you have a blog!